Tuesday 23 June 2015

How time Flies- Part 2

April 2013, I returned to India with a fancy job in tow and an education loan glaring in face. Needless to say the realities of life hit hard, and with that came the looming existential question of “what next”? Nothing, however, could have prepared me for the marriage drama that was playing out at home. Suffice it to say, that even my house in Patna had been painted in preparation for the impending event. The only question nobody was asking was who and where was the groom?

Did have my heart set on anyone? Maybe, but then again maybe not. Even if i did have someone in mind, then there was the million dollar question of Was I really sure of him? Is one ever really sure about the person one is marrying? Isn’t it a relative question? We are always evolving, and so are our choices right. So the person we may have been sure of 2 years ago may not hold ground now! then again if marriage is for eternity then how does one adjust to this changing self, and changing choices? What if I change too much and can’t identify with my spouse anymore? Scary thoughts!

The silver lining in the dark clouds was the month long induction with my new organization. In June 2013, I commenced my professional journey with an MNC bank. The month long induction period gave me a chance to interact with B school recruits from all over the country. Ofcourse, the perks of stay at the Trident and Sofitel scored over everything else. I was happy to be back in Mumbai. Also to be reunited with best buddy, Rajeev. With great fanfare we officially flagged off house hunting for me. As in most cases, the search that began with a lot of hopefulness and optimism was reduced to desperation and despair in the span of a month. Fortunately, (&with a lot of daimoku) Flats without Brokers came to my rescue. Thus I got acquainted with fellow roomies Parvati Vaze and Shweta Sharma, and moved in to be their ‘new flatmate’ at Siffin Solah (Siffin 16, Pali Hill Bandra West)


The high point of the flat hunting phase was that Rajeev became a proud owner of a Hookah, and his Man Friday, Pramod, became a pro at setting it up. I got acquainted with Rajeev’s friend Shreyas…..and ofcourse found a place to put an end to my house hunting misery. Heres a free advise- never go flat hunting in Mumbai monsoon, even if it comes with an extended stay at the Trident!

No comments:

Post a Comment