Monday 14 August 2023

My summer reading list

 While its common to hear of writer’s block, not sure if any one faces a readers’ block. In the ups and downs of life i often go thru phrases of reader’s block, and at best i am able to pick one or two book over a month. However, this summer [post made june] that changed, and how!

Books I read this summer [*missing, Lessons in Chemistry] 

By far this has been my most successful season of reading. Unfortunately, it had to come to an end at some point. I guess one reason for it is also because I haven’t found another good book to sink my teeth in. The hunt is on though. 
Amongst the summer reads, the one that I enjoyed the most would be Lessons in Chemistry . It had all the masala of a good read- drama, feminist woes, etc
But thee one that shocked me[rather spooked] was def Verity! What a find it turned out to be. That’s one unputdownable book. In terms of drama, i also loved The shadow lines and Independence. 
I am glad i laboured through ‘the Forty Rules of Love’ else I would have walked the earth not knowing the beauty of Rumi, what a tragedy that would be. 
Now i hope to broaden my reading sphere to pick some non fiction, and topical books. These are more laborious in nature, and not as fun. Be that as it may, reading has been my source of gaining knowledge and it’s about time i expanded the sphere. Fiction will always be my first love, but about time to spread this love!

No comments:

Post a Comment